Administrative and Operations Coordinator - New York City
Posted on January 22nd, 2019
About The Position
Civic Builders seeks to hire an Administrative and Operations Coordinator to bring administrative and operations support to the organization as well as executive assistant support to the CEO. This position requires a person who is approachable, well-organized, detail oriented, and flexible. The Administrative and Operations Coordinator should also have strong collaborative and communications skills, be proactive, and be willing to work across all departments of the organization to support the overall mission and effectiveness of Civic Builders.
The ideal candidate has prior experience providing administrative and operational assistance in a dynamic office setting with a demonstrated and proven ability to take initiative, coordinate with others, and solve problems creatively.
- Maintain professional office appearance, recommending and implementing systems to improve overall efficiency of the office.
- Organize weekly office lunches, annual holiday celebrations, and staff-wide retreats.
- Liaise with building management and all external vendors, particularly IT, to support operations with a willingness to troubleshoot any challenges that arise.
- Answer telephones and door in an efficient and friendly manner, directing inquiries as necessary.
- Procure and organize inventory of office supplies and technology.
- Track recurring monthly office invoices, corporate card usage, and internal authorizations.
- Manage the master staff calendar, and coordinate setup for meetings and the scheduling of meeting rooms.
- Operational onboarding of all new hires, including technology, building access, HR form collection and new hire workstation setup.
Executive Assistant to the CEO:
- Assist in the management of the CEO's schedule and correspondence, bringing attentive, intuitive, and proactive support to the CEO
- Assist in the prioritization of and preparation for CEO’s meeting requests, meetings, travel and other events
- Manage communications with key external stakeholders on behalf of the CEO with highest levels of professionalism and competence.
Culture and Operations
- Manage the logistics of staff recruitment, including posting job descriptions to various platforms, compiling and sharing application, communicating with candidates and scheduling interviews.
- Support development of communications for social media posts, quarterly newsletters, and period grant reports.
- Support organization-wide contact database management.
- Maintain, develop and implement systems for staff-wide collaboration and celebration of successes, such as monthly staff-wide newsletter and periodic social events.
- 3+ years of operations and administrative experience. (CEO executive assistant experience preferred)
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, quick learner who is able to multi-task and manage shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop systems and processes where none previously existed.
- Protects and ensures information remains confidential where appropriate
- Operates with transparency and integrity
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Independence and ownership of your work, including the ability to prioritize time across various tasks.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable working in Google applications.
- Team player with a sense of humor and a desire to work with all teams across the organization.
Please submit your resume for consideration to: David Donaldson via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Civic Builders is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.